Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Short and sweet

Boys and girls, we are more than half way through our training for the OKC Marathon. Runs are getting longer, days are getting longer, temps are getting warmer, but not warm enough for my taste. I hope everyone is enjoying the ride. Getting a fat medal hung around your neck on a Sunday morning will make it all worth it. Truly, seeing this group train makes the marathon seem so obtainable. For Oprah, it was one and done. She conquered, but did not enjoy the journey enough to give it another go. I know life is busy, but I could never be so busy to not run. It just gets in your blood.

I have not been able to find a lot online about Oprah's training and her race, but I did find a short blurb about Oprah's 1994 marathon. For the elites who "poo pooed" her efforts, she did run it in 4:30, and I think she was GOOD for the marathon, not a "ruin" to it like some her critics.

A glitch in my camera or camera cable resulted in more than a hundred pictures being lost from the last week or so. :-( There'll be more next week though....PROMISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment